Visit us at
The College Library:
Thong Nokbe College Library has always been striving hard to meet the expectations of its users. A qualified library professional run the library assisted by two other supporting staff and they are continuously working to bring clarity and uniformity in procedures and practices of the library and resources so as to further improve its efficiency, utility and services in tune with the latest development of technology. The college is located in the interior Hill District of Karbi Anglong and the majority of students comprises of tribal from remote areas with difficulty in economic, educational and transportation facility. Thus, library works along with the needs and feelings of those students in particular.
Library plays a very critical role in supporting the academic programmes of the college. It identifies, evaluates, procures, processes and then makes these learning resources available to the faculties and students for their teaching, learning and research. That is why, Dr. S. R Ranganathan, father of library science development in India has famously said that the Library is the Trinity of Learning Resources, Faculty/Student (Users) and the Library staff.
- Kishore Basumatary (Librarian). MLIS, CIC, UGC/NET
- Muja Sing Timung (Library Assistant). BA
- Hemari Teron (Library Bearer)
- Total collection of Library – 4115 (Text/Reference)
- Journals/Periodicals – 08
- Newspaper English – 03 Assamese – 01
Project to be taken up:
- Library Automation
- Digital Library (Building Digital Collection)
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS:-
- The Thong Nokbe College Library follows an open access system.
- Books removed from the shelves may be left on the study table as it may be wrongly placed by you in the shelves. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- While entering the library, readers should leave their personal belongings, such as bags, personal books, and any other materials to the counter reserved for this purpose. However, they may carry notebooks and other writing materials.
- Issued books are not allowed inside the library. However, they may be kept in the issue/loan counter with due permission.
- Readers leaving the library should allow the library staff to examine their personal belongings.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the material.
- Help in maintaining a peaceful atmosphere for study. Conversation disturbs your neighbours who want to study. If discussion is necessary, please go to the common/class rooms.
- Please switch off your mobile or keep it in silent/Vibration Mode.
- Silence shall be strictly observed in the library.
- Spitting, smoking, napping, drinking tea and edibles and any other behaviour which may disturb other Users are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Working Hours
The library shall be kept open on all working days from 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs.
On Working Days 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM
- The library shall remain closed on all public and national holidays, Saturdays, Sundays and any other holidays declared by the Assam University/Assam Higher Secondary Education Council from time to time.
Circulation Hours (Issue/Return):-
On Working Days 10.00 AM to 3.00 PM
- The Circulation/counter transactions, i.e., issue and return of documents shall be between 1000 hrs and 1500 hrs.
Changes, if any, in the above timings shall be notified from time to time.
Circulation: Issue and Return:
♦ Books are issued only for 15 Days.
• The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date. For renewing, presentation of the material along with the booklet/tickets is necessary. Renewal is not permitted if a demand is pending for the material.
• The library can recall material after two weeks of issue. Materials to be replaced on reserve can be recalled any time.
• The library can refuse to issue books to a borrower having overdue books.
1) A borrower going on leave or on long vacation will have to return all borrowed material in advance.
♦ Loss of Documents
1. For loss of document(s) by a member, he/she must:
1) Replace the latest library edition of the same document(s), if available, or
2) Pay the latest catalogued price of the library edition of the same document(s) plus 10 per cent of the price as service/technical processing charges in case document(s) is (are) not available in the market, or
3) if document[s) is (are) out of print, pay up to 3 times the latest known price of the document(s).
2. In case of loss of some issue of a periodical, it has to be replaced or cost of the entire volume must be paid, In case of loss of a single part of a multi-volume publication, the issue has to be replaced or cost of the entire set has to be recovered from the borrower.
3. The library will suspend all its services to the defaulters till the recovery is made and the recovery note duly certified is received back from the HOD/Principal by the Library In-charge.