For ensuring a healthy academic environment in the college, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Thong Nokbe College was established in the year 2016. However, during the initial two years of its formation, the cell remained dormant due to the absence of a fullfledged executive committee. It was in the year 2019, the Thong Nokbe College IQAC formally made functional with the assumption of a full-fledged new executive committee. The prime purpose of the IQAC is to monitor and evaluate the teaching, learning, extension and student support programmes conducted by the College. It ensures a healthy academic environment by analysing academic records of various departments and suggesting measures for their further improvements. The most important responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities which are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in the college.
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the college through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of Thong Nokbe College IQAC is to -
- Develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The main functions of the Thong Nokbe College IQAC are: -
- Development and application of quality benchmarks.
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
Composition of IQAC
|Dr. Dhanjoy Narzary||: Chairman|
|Kishore Basumatary||: Co-ordinator|
|Babu Teron||: Member|
|Bablu Basumatay||: Member|
|Dr. Lutfur Rahman Choudhury||: Member|
|Dr. A. K.Choudhury GM||: Member|
|Dhaniram Tisso (G.B. Member)||: Member|
|Madan Timung (Alumni Member)||: Member|