About The College
Thong Nokbe College is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Karbi Anglong district. Established in 1984, the institution possesses the distinction of being the second college in Karbi Anglong, the first college in the district being the Diphu Govt. College, established in 1964. From a very humble beginning, the college has over the years attained a full-fledged growth and registered progress in different fields of activities. Read more »
- Notification relating to TDC (CBCS) Even Semester Examination 2022 (END SEM (EVEN) AUGUST 2022 (TDC) 01-07-2022
- This is an information for all concerned that the students' application for admission into TDC 1st Semester for the session 2022-23 will be received in online mode through University Portal (aus.ac.in/students. Login) from 02 July, 2022 onwards. All other announcement relating to admission will be notified subsequently. 01-07-2022
- Inter Semester Enrollment (TDC 2nd , 4th & 6th Semester), 2022 31-03-2022
- EXAMINATION PROGRAMME FOR TDC 1ST, 3RD & 5TH SEMESTER (CBCS) EXAMINATIONS, DECEMBER, 2021 (To be held on March, 2022) 21-03-2022
- Appointment Order to Assistant Officer-in-charge, Office Assistant relating to TDC Odd Semester Examination'2022 ensuing from 28th of March'2022. 21-03-2022
From the Principal's Desk
Ever since taking over charge as the Principal of the College in May 2020, it has been my topmost priority to further improve the educational atmosphere of the college keeping in mind the changing needs and requirements of the time. Simultaneously, I have been laying stress on the extra-curricular activities of the students and teachers of the college. I aspire to make this institution one of the premier educational institutions of the state in general and Karbi Anglong district in particular. Alongside, I attempt to develop the infrastructure of the college which I feel is an urgent need of the time. I know this will be a Herculean task but I hope to carry out this mission in an orderly and organized manner with the active support of the teachers, office staff, students, guardians and other leading personalities of the area. In this connection, I would like to mention that the constructive suggestions and active help that I received so far from different quarters have been extremely encouraging and I hope to receive the same amount of cooperation from all the concerned in the days to come also. Your persistent help and cooperation are important to secure the objectives of the college within a specific time period.
Principal: Dr. Dhanjoy Narzary
Aims and Objectives
i) The Primary aim of the college is to prepare students academically for Higher Secondary and Degree Examination.
ii) To produce efficient human resource for serving for the betterment of the district in particular and to act as a conscious citizen in general.
iii) To spread higher education in the district.
Shield and swords signifies an armour of protection to fight against illiteracy prevalent in the district.
The lighting lamp in its bottom means removal of darkness through dissemination of Education and Knowledge.